Sports represents community, teamwork, and passion. That being said, you’ve probably heard the term “eat, sleep, drink ” from die-hard sports fans.
But what if you were to take the “sleep” part of this quote quite literally?
The 7 Best Hotels That Cater To Sports Lovers
You’re already living and breathing sports, so it comes as no surprise that sleep would be next to be added to that list. This is where sports-themed hotels come in. These hotels were designed to specifically cater to the needs and tastes of sports fans.
- Chicago Athletic Association Hotel: For a hotel with a club vibe, this hotel fits the bill with billiards, scotch, and lots of leather and dark wood found within its walls. This former men’s club perfectly incorporates the sports theme without completely overwhelming your senses, as can be seen by the minute athletic touches in the hotel decor such as the pommel horse benches and boxing robes in the rooms.
- Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel, Canada: Baseball fans will want to check in to this Canadian hotel located adjacent to the Rogers Centre. What makes the property stand out is that seventy of its suites and rooms overlook the field where the Blue Jays play, which means you can enjoy a game of baseball from the comfort of your hotel room without having to buy a separate ticket.
- Hotel Boca, Buenos Aires: As one of the many football-themed hotels around the world, this particular hotel was inspired in part by the passion echoed by the fans of the football club Boca — once the home of the late, great Diego Maradona. Some of the decors of this hotel include wallpapers of famous players, as well as football memorabilia.
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort, Florida: This child-friendly, sports-themed resort celebrates all aspects of competitive play with pools lined with extra-large surfboards and a food court serving game-day favourites like pizza and nachos. Some of the sports-related suite themes here include baseball, basketball, and surfing.
- Hardwood Suite at Palms Casino Resort, Las Vegas: For purveyors of class and elegance, this luxurious hotel is just the thing you need on your holiday to Sin City. The 10,000 square foot suite is marketed as being a “ballers only” suite with a two-floor layout. More impressively, it also includes an indoor 30-by-30-foot basketball court. Talk about being extra!
- Apex Suite at Planet Hollywood, Las Vegas: While we’re still in Las Vegas, Planet Hollywood’s Apex Suites are certainly not to be missed. This modern resort offers an adult playroom (get your mind out of the gutter, it’s not that kind of adult playroom) to enhance your stay in the world-famous desert city. The sporty suite is equipped with a foosball table and a pool table for some added entertainment.
- Hotel Football, Manchester, England: As the home ground of the internationally known football club, Manchester United, it comes as no surprise that Manchester’s Hotel Football is owned by five former players of the club. You may find this football-themed hotel sitting pristinely in the shadow of the daunting and world-famous Old Trafford stadium — a building that will surely excite any and all football fans. Otherwise, the interior decors feature a touch of sports ranging from murals of great sporting moments and memorabilia and paraphernalia scattered about. Oh, and one of the best parts of the hotel is that the rooftop bar comes with its own football pitch!